Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's Goin' On?

I have been sufficiently ridiculed by friends for my serious lack of posting. Back to the salt mine...

I guess I've gotten sucked into that vacuous world known as "Facebook," where you can communicate in little snippets and not really put much thought into what you are writing. Blogging is a little more work, of which I've had plenty of late.

Been busy the past few months getting things in order for our upcoming deployment. It'll be another sunny Summer in Qatar. I went there during the same period of time back in 2006. Let me tell you, there are few places on Earth that have that kind of heat. I swore back then that I would never again complain about the cold. I never missed cold showers so much. I got in my car one day in July and the temperature showed 130 degrees F. Toasty. I'd work at night from time to time and get a chill with the air conditioner running. I got up and checked the temperature--82 degrees. Something is wrong with this picture.

Anyhoo, looking forward to getting into action again. We'll be flying into the different theaters over there. I'm hoping to be able to catch up with Chris Neeley in Afghanistan. Shouldn't be too hard to coordinate a linkup sometime over the Summer.

We've had some interesting times at work of late. Our Operations Group has had a rash of DUIs with my squadron leading the charge. It's been sporty dealing with the aftermath of each and keeping folks focused on the fact that we're fighting a war and that they have a very important job to do. I'm thinking about writing a book about the experience. It's been challenging to say the least.

Looking forward to stopping in for a cup of coffee at Jamestown Coffee Company one day. Couldn't be more excited for Jay and Caryn as they start off on this very exciting new chapter in their lives. Remember us when you're a gazillionaire, Jay. Remember, I'm you're man when you open up your Charleston branch.

3 comments:

Alan said...

Yeah, a Charleston branch would be cool. Hey, I could manage the Jamestown, VA branch of Jamestown. By the way, that would be so cool if you could catch Peeley Neeley in AFG while there, Steve.

James said...

Holy pilots wings, Batman! Ritter is posting again. Maybe I could send you a nice, cold smoothie to beat the heat.

James said...

Perhaps a shipment of freshly roasted Colombian coffee can promt C-17 Daddy to post again.