Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A beginning...

I've brought reviewing my friends' blogs into my regular crosscheck. I've enjoyed keeping up with my old high school friends so much that I've decided to crank up my own blog. If anything, this will be a convenient spot for me to record significant events and have my old friends provide encouragement/ridicule. Both are welcome.

It's a bit Spartan for now...that's for sure. I intend to "church it up a bit" in the near future; this will do for now.

I'm currently working my way through C-17 Instructor Pilot requalification (thus the "C-17" part of my blog) at Altus Air Force base, Oklahoma. This is my sixth training event here on the heels of 2 PCS assignments. This is like a second home. I still have lots of good friends here, so it's been nice coming back.

I'm looking forward to my upcoming assignment to McChord Air Force Base, Washington, and touching base with Jay and his family. I'm also looking forward to keeping in touch with my good friends.

As I've reviewed my friends' blogs, I'm struck by how similar our tastes are in many areas. It would seem the years have separated us, but the commonalities that brought us together as friends in the first place is the thread that binds us together.

4 comments:

George said...

Welcome to the party Steve. Glad to see you will be joining us. Your comments on our blogs have been insightful, so I'm looking forward to reading your posts and making my own comments. Be warned, this stuff is addictive.

Rick said...

Welcome to the virtual world, Steve. Being real is for nerds.

Chuck said...

Take a bow Steve! It has been about time for you to throw your pilot's cap into the mix.

Todd R. Vick said...

Steve! Welcome to the blogosphere! Long overdue.