Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Few Of My Number Ones

Driving along yesterday evening listening to the radio when a classic song came on, one of my favorites. Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on Fire" has to be the ultimate nighttime cruising song. Love the beat. Perfect for riding along with the top down on a warm summer night. The fact I was in a hardtop rental in January only slightly diminished the effect. Anyway, it got me thinking about songs I've grown to love over the years and how some songs are perfect in various situations. Here's my list:

- Best Song to Sing at the Top of Your Lungs With All Your Buddies: Boston's "More Than a Feeling"
- Best Cruising Country Song: Dwight Yoakam's "Thousand Miles From Nowhere"
- My All-Time Favorite Song: Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
- Best Album To Go Along With a Little Wine and My Lady: Soundtrack to "Sleepless in Seattle"
- Best Cruising Song at the Beach: Jimmy Buffet's "Grape Fruit Juicy Fruit"
- Best Song Guaranteed to Make Steve Cry: "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw
- Must-Have Songs to Listen to When Jogging: "Panama" by Van Halen, "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash, and "Synchronicity II" by The Police
- Best Song to Transport Me To the Great Outdoors: "Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver
- Best Album to Listen to By the Pool: Jimmy Buffet's Greatest Hits
- Best Christmas Album That Always Puts Me in the Holiday Mood: "When My Heart Finds Christmas" by Harry Connick Jr.

Do you have any songs that bring back a memory or that seem perfect for a particular situation?

1 comment:

James said...

I'm right with you on "More than a Feelin'"