Thursday, May 15, 2008

Disposable Wipe Lady Strikes Again

I went to the gym again the other evening. After I finished on one machine I got up and started to walk away. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the same lady who had gotten on to me two weeks ago for not wiping off the machine. Before I realized what I was doing, I stopped, completely changed directions, and got a disposable wipe and wiped down the machine I had just used.
As I walked passed the lady, I couldn't help but look her way. What was I looking for? Perhaps it was for some recognition on her part of my new-found sense of hygene. I reflected on this event later and likened it to when I was 6 years old and finally did what my mom had been scolding me about for the past few days. Picking up my socks, taking my plate to the sink, wiping my face off after eating BBQ chicken--it's like this lady owed me something for my troubles.

I guess this is my tribute to Mother's Day.

No comments: