Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Little Politics

Seems like I'm able to break away and post about once a week now.

Anyone see the Bill O'Reily interview with Hillary? I actually came away from that with a modicum of respect for her. I don't agree with most of her ideas/policies, but you have to respect her for agreeing to the interview. I think she more than held her own. Obama scares me. The whole Rev Wright thing IS a big deal. "Birds of a feather flock together." How could he have associated with that guy for 20+ years and not been influenced? Influenced? I think they associated that long because they share the same thoughts on things. Scary. What even makes this worse is that Obama tossed him under the bus this past week and has totally written him off. So much for friendship. I don't always agree with John McCain, and Lord knows the hard-core Conservatives have a problem with him, but he stands up for what he believes in...at least from what I've seen so far. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would sacrafice what he REALLY believes in for the sake of political expediency. I guess we'll see as this campaign trudges along.

One month until the family shows up in Seattle.

2 comments:

Rick said...

As one who's had a good friend pastorally and been thrown under the bus, I actually appreciate Obama more over that flap. And Hillary scares me more than any of the candidates we've had because she, to me, has less experience than... well, than you do :)

Todd R. Vick said...

Welcome to the "thrown-under-the-bus club!" Maybe we should ALL run for President.

Think of all the campaign slogans one could conjure with a name like VICK.

Bad Todd!