Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back to Meat and Two Good Movies

I'm four days into this vegetarian diet thing and I've decided to pull the plug. I'm tired of the lack of energy. This diet certainly doesn't support anything close to the exercise regimine that I'm looking for. I went for a run today and hit a wall. People kept pulling over asking me if I needed an ambulance. Okay, not really, but it felt like they wanted to as they drove by. There were a few worried looks. Okay, maybe they were laughing, but I know they didn't really mean it.

On to a totally different subject. I watched Kevin Costner's latest effort, "Mr. Brooks" last night. I've learned from several of his past movies not to set my sights too high, but I was actually surprised at how good this movie was. William Hurt was right in his element playing Mr. Brooks evil conscience. Even Demi Moore was good. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend it.

I followed this movie with one of my all-time favorite movies, "The Sting" starring Robert Redford and Paul Newman. I watched it for the first time uncut (i.e. not on broadcast television) and non-stop from beginning to end. What a delight that movie is. Everything about it transports me back to the 1930's. The look, the feel, what a great movie. It's in my all time top 10 for sure.

1 comment:

George said...

Welcome back to the world of carnivores. Your BBQ is waiting.